Where: 12 locations throughout Downtown and Midtown Sacramento, plus intermittent public events and a closing party, ArtJam, on August 27th, benefiting arts in education
Twelve artists will descend upon various walls throughout the city of Sacramento starting on Saturday, August 20th for a week-long mural festival. Organizers selected a mix of international, national, and local artists. Grigio is playing a role with our client Kaiser Permanente, who will host a mural by Kristin Farr on their 501 J Street building.
Mural festivals are exciting and vibrant cultural events that happen in several cities around the world. This will be Sacramento’s first inaugural event. Here’s a map of the locations and who’s painting. Stop by, say hi, and see the work in progress.
- Michelle Blade of Los Angeles: Chase Bank at 1300 21st St.
- Jake Castro of Sacramento: Crest Theatre at 1013 K St.
- Kristin Farr of Richmond: Kaiser Permanente garage at 6th and J streets
- David Fiveash of Sacramento: Light rail station at 1025 R St.
- Dog and Pony Creative of Los Angeles: Chinatown Alley behind 1236 C St.
- Nate Frizzell of Los Angeles: Faces Nightclub at 2000 K St.
- Kelly Graval (known as RISK) of Los Angeles: Crepeville at 1730 L St.
- Diogo Machado (known as Add Fuel) from Portugal: Warehouse Artist Lofts at 1108 R St.
- Drew Merritt of Los Angeles: Sacramento Native American Health Center at 2020 J St.
- Irubiel Moreno of Sacramento: Mogavero Architects at 2012 K St.
- Alicia Palenyy of Sacramento: E. Claire Raley Studios for the Performing Arts at 2420 N St.
- Andrew Schoultz of San Francisco: The Elliott Building at 1530 J St.
:: art belongs everywhere ::